GOAL The goal of this Life Night is for the teens to understand how to live love now in four distinct relationships; with God, themselves, those
The goal of this Life Night is for the teens to understand how to live love now in four distinct relationships; with God, themselves, those of the same and those of the opposite gender.
• In developing our relationship with God, we develop our capacity to love and be loved by Him in a self-giving way. We learn to choose Him when we don’t feel like it or when we find it boring and we learn to receive His love through daily prayer and the sacraments.
• Knowing God better, leads to understanding ourselves and our purpose better. Taking time to develop our talents requires developing the virtue of discipline. Discipline in one area of life, is easily transferred to other areas, like choosing self-giving love in our relationship with God and others.
• Loving others requires true masculinity, femininity, and the virtues of discipline and chastity.
Chastity: The successful integration of sexuality within the person and thus the inner unity of man in his bodily and spiritual being.
Virtue: The habit of choosing what is good and right, despite our own inclinations.
Discipline: The ability to choose to train, or to improve a skill, even when it is di cult.
- Self-giving love that is free, total, faithful, and fruitful does not have to wait until marriage. Not everyone is called to marriage, either. Sexual intimacy is reserved for marriage, but we can experience love now, as singles, and in other vocations. (CCC 1643)
- There are four relationships we need to develop in order to live love well; God, ourselves, those of the same gender, and those of the opposite gender. In each relationship, we have the opportunity to practice loving and being loved in a self-giving way.
(Sunday) 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm