From the Pastor's Desk This Week
- October 25, 2020- Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ, Continued from last week… When Catholics came to the United States, they were a minority community, often looked upon as foreign and undesirable. Political parties were a way to become more American and find protection from the rampant anti-Catholicism prevalent in the public sphere… …
ST. PIUS X GIVING TREE 2020
Now more than ever, our local agencies need our support to make this year’s holiday season special for those in need. Our agencies will only accept GIFT CARDS this year. No tags will be used. Here are the gift cards needed:
–Walmart: This is the number one gift requested by all our agencies. You may purchase these gift cards online at www.walmart.com and they will be mailed right to your home!
–Grocery: Stop and Shop, Shop Rite, and BJ’s
–Drug Store: CVS and Walgreens
–Retail: Target, Sephora, and Old Navy
–Coffee: Dunkin Donuts (small denominations)
Drop off Gift Cards by November 29 in the secure drop-off box located in the St. Pius X Church Vestibule.
NOTE: You may also donate via St. Pius X Online Giving,simply choose Christmas Giving Tree Gift and we will take the funds raised and purchase gift cards.
Questions? Email Cathy or Doug Van Tornhout at email@example.com.
ST. PIUS X SENIORS ARE BACK!
The St. Pius X Senior Ministry returned to campus on Monday, October 19 for an outdoor parking lot picnic! It was wonderful to see so many smiling faces reunited, catching up, and enjoying a delicious lunch compliments of Connie VonZwehl. The backdrop of colorful Autumn leaves and blue sky topped off the day! If you would like to learn more about the St. Pius X Seniors Ministry, call or text Peter Carey at 203-673-2081 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WEEKEND MASS REGISTRATION
Masses for the weekend: 5:15PM Saturday, and 7:30AM, 9:00AM, 10:30AM, and 12Noon on Sunday. Registration is required to attend. Please indicate how many people will be in your party (individual names not needed, only the number). You can also register to help as an usher or with after-Mass clean-up. Register here. You will receive a confirmation e-mail after you register, check your spam box in case you do not see it. Remember to wear a mask:)
JOURNEY TO LIGHT: BEREAVEMENT AND COPING MINISTRY RETURNS
Our Bereavement Ministry, Part I and Part II will begin this year’s nine-month program 11AM-1PM, Saturday, November 7, Community Room, Faith Center. We are planning (as long as current CT Mandates regarding COVID remain status quo) to meet November to June. Part I encompasses working through the four tasks of grief—each session builds upon the previous ones—using the tools of dialogue, discussion, and journaling. Part II, “Coping,” is a discussion-based support program for those who have completed Part I. The “Coping” Program meets for one hour 11AM-12Noon. Both groups gather together at 11AM for prayer and again at 12Noon for refreshments. For more information or to register, contact Denis Sullivan at email@example.com or 203-997-1130.
PARISH OFFICE IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
The Parish Office is open to the public: Monday – Friday: 9AM-12Noon. Please wear a mask when you enter the office, sign the log, and state your request from 6’ away from the reception desk. The staff continues to work remotely and can be reached via email when they are not physically in the office. We look forward to seeing you!
DAILY MASS AND WEEKLY LATIN MASS
- Daily Mass takes place in the Church at 8:30AM. Remember to take all health precautions necessary for yourself and for others. Since daily Mass has a smaller number of people attending, sign-up isn’t required.
- Latin Mass takes place in the Church at 7 PM, Monday and Thursday (Unless otherwise noted.)
- Live Stream Schedule: Daily Mass at 8:30AM and our weekend Masses are live streamed and found on our Facebook page and our YouTube channel.
FRIDAY ROSARY RETURNS!
- Friday Rosary is Back! Come pray the rosary with us following the 8:30AM Mass, Fridays in the Church. After the rosary, Pat Heile will lead the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. All are welcome to attend!
CHAPEL OPEN FOR PRIVATE PRAYER
The Chapel is open daily for private prayer outside of Mass times. Practice social distancing of 6’ between one another. Do not visit the Chapel or leave your home if you are feeling ill or have flu symptoms.
Confessions are heard 7PM-8PM, Wednesdays and 4PM-5PM, Saturdays in the Community Room. If you are unable to get out of the house but would like to go to confession, a priest can come to you—we will stand outside 6’ away. Just email Fr. Sam.
RECEIVE THE BULLETIN VIA EMAIL
Sign up to be added to the email list. It’s free and easy to do and will help you stay up to date with what’s going on.
What's Happening: Event Calendar
Click an event below for more details!