Hey Middle Schoolers, join us at St. Pius Edge, a youth ministry just for you!
We meet 6:30PM-8PM every Wednesday.
Anyone in Middle School is welcome even if you have never been before—so don’t be shy and join us. We’re a Catholic group that meets to grow in our relationship with God and grow in friendship with one another.
To learn more about us, email Shari Garcia or call Shari at 203-259-4800.
Stay updated with everything EDGE has to offer. Fill out the form below to receive emails and SMS updates in real time.
At Edge, we discuss many things to help us grow deeper in our faith. For example, in one Edge meet up, we talked about what happens during the first half of the Mass and in particular the Liturgy of the Word. Then we read about the two men on the road to Emmaus and discussed how elements of that story relate to our experience at Mass. Here’s how we approach our discussions…
When we gather for Mass, we are brought together as a community, and our hearts are prepared to enter into the great mystery of the liturgy. (CCC 1348)
- The Liturgy of the Word breaks open for us the Word of God, and through attentive listening and prayer, we can hear the voice of God and learn more about Him and what He calls us to do in our Christian life. (CCC 1349)
- During the Mass, we also have the opportunity to pray for those in need, to give our of goods for those in need, and to bring our offerings along with the bread and wine to the priest to prepare of the Liturgy of the Eucharist. (CCC 1350-1351)
“All gather together. Christians come together in one place for the Eucharistic assembly. At its head is Christ himself, the principal agent of the Eucharist… All have their own active parts to play in the celebration, each in his own way: readers, those who bring up the offerings, those who give communion, and the whole people whose “Amen” manifests their participation.” (CCC 1348)
“When he was at table with them, he took the bread and blessed, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he vanished out of their sight.” (Luke 24:30-31)
Family Reflection Questions
- What is the Liturgy of the Word?
- What part of Scripture do we hear during the readings?
- God speaks to us through the Sacred Scripture, what can we do as a family to better prepare to hear God’s words?
- What did you bring as your offering to God?
- What is one new thing that you learned this week at Edge that you did not know before?
We look forward to seeing you soon!