Important Information Regarding the Reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation
Distance Learning Resources During the COVID-19 Outbreak
In the absence of in-person Sacramental Preparation during the COVID-19 outbreak, please use the following resources to continue your lessons at home. New lessons will be added here each week and emailed to registered families. Please be sure to utilize these materials to continue the Confirmation discussion at home! Upon completion of the weekly assignment, please respond to your weekly email or send a quick message to Shari at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to work at a pace that is comfortable for you! The lessons are not meant to take longer than one hour to complete at home, but if you are struggling to pace the work while completing other schoolwork, please consider the following suggestion:
- Each video is brief and has its own workbook pages to accompany it. Take a short 15-20 minute break during the day to watch one video and complete the accompanying workbook pages. Everything is linked below! Though there is no specific timeline in which the work needs to be completed, I recommend not taking more than one week to complete each lesson, as a new lesson will be sent the following week!
- For example, watch 10.0 and complete the workbook pages on Monday, 10.1 and the workbook pages Tuesday, etc.
- Note: The workbook pages are meant to function as a supplement to the videos and to help facilitate discussion at home! The only thing we request is a brief (2-3 sentence) response to the material each week.
Weekly Resources (to be updated every Monday)
Week of March 16, 2020:
- Decision Point Session 10 – Confirmation (First Half)
Week of March 23, 2020
- Decision Point Session 10 – Confirmation (Second Half)
Week of March 30, 2020
- Decision Point Session 11 – Made for Mission (Second Half)
Week of April 6, 2020
Dates for 2020 Confirmation
The dates for Confirmation are set by the Office of the Bishop. Though we currently do not have a date for Confirmation, families will receive an email with their Confirmation date as soon as we hear from the Bishop’s office. We will also update this page with the date(s) for Confirmation when they are received.
For planning purposes, students enrolled in Sacramental Preparation for 2019/2020 will receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in Fall 2020.
Mandatory Parent Sessions:
There are currently no Parent Sessions scheduled for the remainder of the academic year. Check back this summer for the 2020/2021 Parent Session schedule!
Note: All sessions will meet in the Faith Center Community Room.
Follow us on Facebook!
If you are not Catholic or a Catholic adult who did not receive the Sacraments of Initiation when you were younger, learn more about our RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) Program.