Bishop Caggiano Dedicates The Faith Center Chapel
- Our beautiful new chapel, dedicated to Mary, the Mother of God, was consecrated by Bishop Frank Caggiano on the Feast of the Assumption, August 15, 2014. It was a wonderful and blessed event in the history of St. Pius X Parish.
- Daily Mass at 8:30 a.m. is celebrated in this beautiful chapel that will also accommodate small weddings and funerals.
The Community Room
- The Community Room supports and enhances family life. This gathering space is used for spiritual, educational and social activities. Tables and chairs have been donated and are now in place.
- The Ministry of Support for Caregivers hold monthly meetings in the Community Room, as does the Bereavement Ministry.
- The Community Room is the site of the “Coffee And” socials.
- The Community Room served as the site of a reception welcoming Bishop Frank J. Caggiano following a Sunday morning Mass.
- The Community Room is the site of the Annual St. Patrick’s and St. Joseph’s Day Dinner Dance, Buffet and Auction held in March.
- The Community Room was also the site of a Lenten Speaker Series featuring Bishop Caggiano on March 25, 2014.
- The Religious Education program uses the Community Room for the training of catechists.
The Munro Ministry Rooms
- Two Ministry Rooms are used by various groups in the Parish, including RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) the Parish Spiritual Book Club, Bereavement Support, Scripture Study, Blood Pressure Screening, the Parish Council and the Parish Finance Council.
- Parishioners cook meals for Operation Hope on a once-per-month basis.
Music Ministry Room
- The newly-formed Hand-Bell Choir rehearsed weekly in this room.
Prayer Garden And Shrines
- The Outdoor Prayer Garden/Shrines, located behind the Chapel, are now complete with four beautiful statues and attractive landscaping. This quiet space is open for private prayer and meditation.
Going Forward: One Family In Faith
We have not only a beautifully designed and built Faith Center but more importantly, a thriving Faith Center that will help spread and strengthen the Faith within our Parish and beyond in ways we cannot imagine or foresee. Every household in our parish community was asked to consider supporting the Faith Center Building Campaign to the best of their ability. The Faith Community of St. Pius X generously responded to this challenge. Broad-based participation in the campaign was essential and will remain essential in order to complete the office wing.
Together, we can complete our parish offices – let us strive to meet this challenge as a Faith Community. The participation of every family in the Final Phase of the campaign is essential to our success.
There are a variety of available gift plans and memorials to help you make your decision (please see the link below). Every contribution from the smallest to the largest is greatly appreciated, and will help St. Pius X reach this goal.
This is our parish, our home, our place to worship and praise God for all of the gifts he has given to us and to our families. ‘Thank you’ to everyone for your generous and prayerful support that will insure the completion of this wonderful project!